CloudCamp London - What's the future bud? (Nov 06)
New venue, old tried and tested format. As usual CloudCamp London will be an opportunity to meet old and new friends, grab a beer or two ready for a few short interesting talks and then the lively unpanel debates, follwed by networking accompanied by pizza and more beer! Again the evenings proceeding will be MC'd by @JoeBaguley.
Come along join in share your experience, thoughts, vision and questions.
What's the future bud?
Do you have a 5 minute lightning talk you'd like to give?
If so please email chris-dot-purrington-at-cohesiveft-dot-com
If not, of course bring along your cloud questions and opinions, you'll have the opportunity to voice them.
As always the unconference will provide vendor neutral unbiased expert opinion, answering questions and discussing issues in a fun and educational way, along with the opportunity to network with cloud users, consultants and vendors. It is a forum where you can get your cloud questions answered in a unbiased way and meet people with real cloud experieince.
We keep vendor sales pitches to a minimum by giving the audience 'red cards' - if you don't like what the speakers are saying send them off!
We need sponsors for the beer and pizza! Please let me know if you'd like to sponsor this one.
The New Venue
- Shoreditch Works Village Hall, 33 Hoxton Square, London N1 6NN, United Kingdom
Registration, beers and networking from 6pm
- Introduction to CloudCamp by Joe Baguley, EMEA CTO VMware.
- Lightning Talks;
- Jeremy Jarvis from Brightbox - "10 Predictions for the future of cloud".
- David Gildeh, Alfresco - "Big Data & The Autonomous Enterprise" - How the future of big data will lead to an autonomous, real time, Enterprise, where computers run most of the operations
- Ian Finlay, Abiquo - "How to run a cloud AND sleep at night" - Self-service clouds detach your operational teams from the solutions your customers build, so simple problems can result in significant technical and business escalations. How can you close that gap, and impress your customers when they call for help?
- Laurence John, CTRLio - "Does private data deserve a private cloud?"
- Ron Bianchini of Avere - "Storage reinvented – How enterprise storage of the future needs to embrace the cloud" consumer cloud storage part of everyday life, but the promise of such ease and flexibility has not yet translated into the enterprise at scale. A look at some of the current challenges of storing enterprise data in the cloud today, and how these obstacles may be overcome in the near future to allow cloud storage to be fully enterprise ready.
- Unpanel and Unconference - cloud experts volunteer to join the panel to answer questions from the floor, giving everyone the opportunity to further discuss the topics that require more indepth discussion.
- From 8:30pm: Networking, drinks and pizza
- 9:30pm close