CloudCamp Warrington (Feb 23)
De-Mystifying The Cloud - Separating Hype From Reality
Cloud Computing represents a major paradigm shift in the IT industry. Are we really ready to accept and embrace the change ? What's stopping you from going full steam ahead ?
Do you agree that we are behind the USA, yet ahead of other countries in Europe when it comes to Cloud adoption ? Have some thoughts, insight and experiences you'd like to share ?
Then join us for Warrington's first CloudCamp event where you will get the chance to network with fellow professionals, hear from various speakers on their practical implementations of cloud solutions and enjoy a relaxed, informal atmosphere to discuss the emerging trends in this incredibly fast-moving space.
6:00 pm Registration and Networking
6:20 pm Kick-Off & Introduction to CloudCamp (Christian Reilly)
6.30 pm Lightning Talks (Featured Speakers)
- AppSense : "Things IT Need To Worry & Care About". AppSense VP & CTO, Harry Labana gives his experiences from a well-rounded view formed having lived on the customer and vendor side. (Time: 15 mins)
- Trader Media Group : "Making Cars Fly Up In The Clouds". Hear from Kevin Jackson, Infrastructure Architect, talk of Autotrader's successful transition to the web and the new opportunities and challenges it faces with cloud hosting technologies. (Time: 15 mins)
- Brightbox : "Fungibility Not Found". Brightbox co-founder Jeremy Jarvis on the challenges faced on entering the cloud and why commoditisation of IT infrastructure is still a way off. (Time: 15 mins)
- Thinspace : "The 5th Element of The Cloud". Hear from Paul Craddock, Technical Director, talk about the explosion in the desktop economy, dematerialisation and a practical example of how a local government in the Midlands achieved more, with less. (Time: 15 mins)
- Craig Warburton : "Skinning Cats...". Craig Warburton, Deployment Lead at a healthcare software development company, discusses the number of possible approaches to cloud adoption from infrastructure to software services and how these should be considered before any transition to the cloud occurs. (Time : 15 mins)
- Bechtel : "A Journey To The Cloud". Hear from Christian Reilly, Principal Technology Architect, on how a multi-billion dollar engineering & construction company used dramatic changes in their business to drive cloud innovation and adoption. (Time : 15 mins)
7.45 pm Unpanel
Our assembled cloud experts volunteer to join the panel to any and all answer questions from the floor and discuss any topics surfaced in the Lightning Talks that require deeper dives. Moderated by Keith Turnbull / Richard Somerfield.
8:30 pm Networking, Drinks and Pizza
9:30 pm Close